+34 626 285 139

Type of operation
Type of property
Build size
Plot size
  • Home
  • >
  • Immigration - Sweden

Immigration - Sweden

Sweden has become one of the most attractive EU countries for immigration purposes. High standard of living, one of the best healthcare systems in Europe and a good education are the key issues that make Sweden a great country to live in.

Sweden remains an open and diversified society with a welcoming approach towards immigration.

Our lawyers at Swedish office www.defactojuristbyra.sewill guide you through all the possibilities.

EU/EEA citizens
To stay in Sweden for more than three months you will need a Swedish personal number, which you obtain at Swedish Tax Office (Skatteverket).

If you reside in another EU country with a permanent residence and already obtained a status of long-term resident of another EU country, it will give you certain rights, similar to those of an EU citizen. This makes it easier for you to move to another EU country in order to work, study, start your own business or live on their pension, for example.

If you are a citizen of a non-EU country and want to work in Sweden, you will need to apply for a work permit.

If you plan to work for a period longer than three months to start up or run your own business, you must have a residence permit.

We help you with the whole process of obtaining a Swedish residence and work permit in all situations.

Swedish citizenship
To become a Swedish citizen, you must have been residing in Sweden on a long-term basis for a certain period of time. The main rule is that you must have been resident in Sweden for a continuous period of five years.

If you are married to, living in a registered partnership with or cohabiting with a Swedish citizen, you can apply for Swedish citizenship already after three years.

No language requirements apply.

This site uses cookies to give you the best user experience. If you continue browsing you are giving your consent agreeing to our cookies policy.

X Accept More information